A New Year is a time for some New Year’s resolutions
So, here goes:
1. I promise to only watch the news 15 minutes a day - limited to:
2. I promise to keep more things in the fridge that I can present as ‘lunch.’
"Let's see..., where are
lemons and the ketchup?"
3. I promise to always check the mirror before my next Zoom.
Truth = Yesterday I chose Minnie!
4. I promise that I’ll have more patience as I wait on ‘hold’ for the vaccine scheduler to pick up.
My mantra: "They will pick up; they will pick up.
Someday, they will pick up, right?"
5. I promise to write down the all the names of the streaming series I sign up for in order to recognize the credit card charges for: Netflix/Hulu/Masterpiece PBS/Disney/Amazon Prime/Britbox/sports networks, and whatever else I said yes to.
Truth = Watched one show on each – and then back to Netflix/Amazon
6. I promise to stop falling for and ordering new masks just because they are pretty.
(They do look nice - don't they?)
7. I promise to update my sign-off emoji so it looks more like me.
I don’t have blue eyes or brown hair!
8. I promise to be nicer to the dog when she asks to go out in 26 degree weather.
(not my dog – but cute!)
9. I promise to be more sincere when I tell clients that staying home and not socializing with people is not that hard, and it’s all in your attitude.
10. I promise to stop checking my phone every 2 minutes to validate my existence.
11. OVERALL..., I promise to remind myself to be GRATEFUL and to remain optimistic that some day we will all be able to hug again.
And so, Good Riddance, 2020.
Stay safe and healthy!
Loretta Saff, M.A., CPC, CPRC